Grand Pacific Tours and Celebrity Cruises present this exclusive opportunity.
Auckland is New Zealand's largest city and main transport hub. Imagine an urban environment where everyone lives within half an hour of beautiful beaches, hiking trails and a dozen enchanting holiday islands. Add a sunny climate, a background rhythm of Polynesian culture and a passion for outstanding food, wine and shopping.
Auckland’s diverse landscapes provide countless opportunities to get immersed in nature. In the west, lush native rainforest plunges down the hills to meet the sea on dramatic black sand beaches, while the east’s sheltered golden sand beaches are fringed with red-flowering pohutukawa trees. To the north the rolling hills of wine country meet stunning coastlines and in the south you’ll find picturesque country gardens, unspoilt forest and tranquil bays to explore.
Top Things to See and Do:
1. Hike along Auckland’s wild west coast
2. Muriwai: one of New Zealand’s most spectacular black-sand surf beaches
3. Visit beautiful Waiheke Island, known as “the island of wine”
4. Take a behind-the-scenes guided food tour
5. Explore the city’s inner gulf on a day trip or cruise
6. Climb to the top of the dormant volcano on the Rangitoto Summit Track
7. Take a controlled free-fall to ground level at SkyJump
Conditions around Auckland are subtropical, with warm, humid summers and mild winters. As New Zealand lies in the Southern Hemisphere, it has opposite seasons to those living in the northern half of the world.