Grand Pacific Tours and Celebrity Cruises present this exclusive opportunity.
The Bay of Islands is a subtropical micro-region known for its stunning beauty & history. For those that love beaches and water activities, it's paradise. A three hour drive or 35 minute flight north of Auckland, the Bay of Islands encompasses 144 islands between Cape Brett and the Purerua Peninsula and includes the boutique towns of Opua, Paihia, Russell and Kerikeri.
In the beautiful Bay of Islands you can take a boat cruise, swim with dolphins, dive, fish or just relax in the sun. Be sure to visit Waitangi Treaty Grounds, one of New Zealand’s most significant historic sites. On land, enjoy beautiful river and seaside walking tracks or encounter the mighty Kauri Tree in pristine subtropical rainforest.
Top Things to See and Do:
1. Dig for tuatua (a native shellfish) in the sand at low tide
2. Visit Waitangi Treaty Grounds
3. Swim with dolphins
4. Go sailing, big game fishing or kayaking
5. Take a cruise or speed boat to the tip of Cape Brett
6. Walk to Haruru Falls, a horse-shoe shaped waterfall
7. Take in history, art and fruit in the town of Kerikeri
As New Zealand lies in the Southern Hemisphere, it has opposite seasons to those living in the northern half of the world.