Explore the glittering coastline of Eastern Australia.
Australia is filled with fresh flavours, welcoming people and open spaces.
New South Wales has endless unspoilt beaches, breathtaking natural treasures and one of the world’s most famous and vibrant cities. Explore the State in winter and enjoy stunning stretches of coastline, great bushwalks in beautiful national parks, and outstanding dining experiences in spectacular locations.
Explore New South Wales from Sydney, where Bondi Beach is a day trip from the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley wineries. Drive north for the coastal jewels of Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay, or south to swim with dolphins in Jervis Bay. Inland lies the Australian Alps, picturesque country towns and Mungo National Park
Top Things to See and Do:
1. Explore one of the many National Parks.
2. Sail on the famous Sydney Harbor
3. Kayak with dolphins at Byron Bay
4. Take a hot-air balloon ride over the Hunter Valley
5. Leave modern stress behind with a getaway onLord Howe Island
6. Learn how to surf at Bondi Beach
7. Dine at Quay – with stunning views of Sydney Harbour, it’s renowned as one of the best restaurants in the world.
8. Hand-feed fish at Neds Beach during low tide on Lord Howe Island
9. Head underground at the Jenolan Caves, one of the oldest cave systems in the world.
10. Soar like a bird over the Cape Byron Lighthouse and Wategos Beach on a tandem hanglide.
New South Wales lies on the east coast of Australia. The State capital, Sydney, is Australia’s premier gateway and the largest city in Australia. Well serviced by flights from across the world, NSW also has a network of regional airlines, trains, buses and coach services making it easy to get around.
One of the best ways to enjoy the stunning national parks of NSW is on foot. For enjoyable and safe bushwalking, plan ahead, check weather conditions, wear appropriate clothing and tell someone where you’re heading off to. Make sure you carry drinking water, wear a hat, good walking shoes and pack your sunscreen.