Yellowknife is a place where traditional aboriginal culture blends together with modern amenities, for a truly remarkable experience while…
Experience the north and the summer solstice in the land where the sun never sets.
Travel with a small group through the pristine wilderness of the Yukon and Alaska.
On this tour you will be introduced to two of Canada’s northernmost territories, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories.
This tour provides a combination of the Alaska and Yukon Full Circle Tour with a cruise down the Inside Passage with Holland America Line.
This comprehensive tour travels with a small group through Alberta, British Columbia and the Yukon before arriving in Alaska.
The Northwest Passage represents the pinnacle of Arctic exploration.
The land of the north is full and mystery and majestic beauty, Canadas Northern Territories, Northwest Territories and the Yukon, along with Alaska are wonderful destinations to experience this unique world. While similar in many aspects both Canadian northern destinations and the American Alaska offer different activities based on their geographical locations and aboriginal inhabitants. While visiting these destinations travellers are treated to amazing views from Tundra, to glaciers, to wildlife and the Northern Lights. They will be offered a glimpse into the traditional ways of living in the harsh climate as well, experience astounding beauty and amazing adventures.
Create a Magical Northern Adventure in the Northwest Territories. View awesome displays of Northern Lights at midnight in autumn and winter. Fish for world class trophies on one of our super-sized lakes in the long days of northern summer.
Hike in a National Park at the top of the world, where caribou spend the summer. Canoe a wild northern river few have ever seen. Hop a bush plane and go flightseeing over the Nahanni, the Mackenzie Delta, or Great Slave Lake’s East Arm. Or relax aboard a jet boat, and travel a northern river to a secluded mountain lodge.
Drive the uncrowded roads and marvel at the wildlife. Roadside parks and campgrounds will welcome you. Wildlife, wood bison, moose and bears, can be spotted right from the highway. And rare birds from across the Americas nest here each summer.
Canada’s Yukon is world renowned as a legendary land filled with Klondike Gold Rush history, pristine wilderness and natural phenomena, like the midnight sun and the northern lights. The territory is also blessed with teeming wildlife, mighty heritage rivers, and a unique arts and culture that speak to the people who are drawn by the spirit of the north. Home of Canada’s highest peak, Mount Logan, this magical territory offers a larger than life experience to its visitors.
Visitors to Yukon enjoy the wilderness and wildlife, the midnight sun, and experience some iconic drives. They travel back in time and are captivated by the history of the Klondike Gold Rush. They hear abundance of stories, visit historical sites, and experience many festivals and events, and First Nation culture.
Alaska offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences unrivaled by any other destination in the world. Known as America’s “Last Frontier”, Alaska is home to some of the largest national parks and forests in the U.S. The rugged wilderness, breathtaking views, and wild adventures will entice you to return and experience something new each time. From world-class fishing, to endless outdoor activities year-around, to viewing wildlife first-hand in its natural habitat, there is something for everyone in the family in Alaska.
Alaska is BIG, 3.75 million acres to be exact. And the opportunities for adventure and unparalleled experiences are just as endless. While Alaska is known for its wildlife, glaciers and mountains, the hospitality, culture and unique way of life will leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
Top Things to See and Do:
• Stand on a frozen lake and watch the night sky light up as the Northern Lights pass by.
• Canoe in Fort Simpson.
• Drive a Northern Dogteam and meet experienced mushers.
• Experience world class fishing.
• Take to the sky for a birds eye view with a flight-seeing tour.
• Drive on a true ice road.
• Join a guided nature tour and view the abundant
• Ride to a remote lake on a snowmobile and try ice fishing.
• Fly over Kluane National Park’s icefields and lush valleys
• Explore historical Dawson City, home of the Klondike
• Pan for gold
• Canoe down the Yukon River
• Visit our First Nations Cultural Centers
• Hop on a White Pass Railroad & Yukon Route Railroad wagon
• Look up for the midnight sun or the northern lights
• Enjoy the panoramas on our iconic drives
• Attend one of our colorful events and festivals
• View countless species of land and marine wildlife
• Fish for salmon, halibut or numerous fresh water fish
• Experience the majestic Aurora Borealis during winter
• Visit any of the 8 national parks in the state
• View Denali, the highest peak in North America
• See the sights from up high on a flightseeing tour
• Immerse yourself in the indigenous peoples’ culture
• Kayak or canoe through 3,000,000 pristine lakes and rivers
• Enjoy the outdoors hiking or camping under summer’s midnight sun
• Watch a giant glacier calve into the sea below
Canadas North and Alaska is one of the world’s most compelling eco-destination; much of the vast and rich diverse landscape is protected. Please practice sustainable tourism. Consider the wildlife, and be bear aware as you explore the wilderness. Stop by one of the Visitor Information Centers to plan your trip.