Explore the glittering coastline of Eastern Australia.
Australia is filled with fresh flavours, welcoming people and open spaces.
Queensland is a wonderland of adventures, a must to see for yourself. While you're visiting the Sunshine State you may find yourself lost in a rainforest land before time, unwinding on a beach in a tropical paradise, under the sea on the one and only Great Barrier Reef, losing yourself in the starry skies of the outback, sailing through the breeze on a yacht in The Whitsundays or soaking up the sun while you surf a legendary break on the Gold Coast.
Queensland is a giant living and breathing postcard, waiting to be explored. It is made up of 14 unique and captivating destinations – it’s where you’ll feel welcome, connected and alive. It’s Where Australia Shines.
Top 10 Things to See and Do:
1. Experience Australia’s Natural Wonder of the World, the GREAT BARRIER REEF
2. World Heritage recognized National Parks, including the 130 million year-old Daintree Rainforest
3. Visit Greater Brisbane to experience authentic Australian lifestyle
4. Queensland is like a zoo without fences, get up close and meet the local wildlife
5. Sink your toes into the pure white silica sands of Whitehaven Beach, regularly voted as one of the world’s top beaches
6.Go walkabout with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to discover an ancient culture
7. Hang ten or learn to surf at one of the legendary surf breaks on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast.
8. Queensland is home to five UNESCO World Natural Heritage areas
9. Skipper your own bareboat or leave it in the hands of an expert to explore the 74 islands of the Whitsundays
10. Catch the migrating humpback whales in the calm protected waters of Hervey Bay
Download the This is Queensland visitor app for smart phones, providing global travelers with enhanced access to destinations across Queensland. The app will make vacationing in Queensland as easy and enjoyable as possible by aiding travellers find nearby tourist attractions, WiFi hotspots and discover content shared by Queensland vacation experts. The app is available on iPhone or Android.