Grand Pacific Tours and Celebrity Cruises present this exclusive opportunity.
Sitting within the Pacific Rim of Fire, Rotorua is a geothermal wonderland with bubbling mud pools, clouds of steam, and natural hot springs perfect for bathing and relaxing in. After marvelling at the distinctive landscapes and volcanic activity within a geothermal park, enjoy a simple soak in a natural hot stream or indulge in a wellness getaway at a luxurious spa.
From crystal-clear streams and magical forests, to epic biking trails and explosive geysers, Rotorua has it all. The city is surrounded by mountains, rivers, native forests and 18 fresh water lakes, making it the perfect place to reconnect with nature. Rotorua is a mountain biking mecca with world-class mountain bike trails. Walking, horse riding, and swimming or fishing in the lakes and rivers are some of the best ways to see the wildlife, breath-taking scenery and discover the region’s hidden gems.
Top Things to See and Do:
1. Visit the amazing Waimangu Volcanic Valley
2. Watch the farmed Pohutu Geyser erupt up to 20 times a day
3. Hell’s Gate, a geothermal reserve with a hot waterfall
4. Whakarewarewa – The Living Thermal Village
Take a scenic flight to White Island and see an active marine volcano
5. Visit the excavated sites at the Buried Village of Te Wairoa
6. Rotorua Canopy Tours
7. Jump inside a 3.5 meter inflatable globe and go Zorbing
As New Zealand lies in the Southern Hemisphere, it has opposite seasons to those living in the northern half of the world.